Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Strange Night

Draft

So to continue practice this week I have done a few more drafts, with some more success but essentially breaking even. Did 3-0 one with a sold GW deck featuring Serra Angel, Seraph of the Sword, a solid curve. I also lost in a close finals with this sweet brew:


Yes, I did live the dream of having double Blightcaster out followed by Quag sickness to wipe the opponent's board. I actually ended up frequently siding out a Gladecover scout for naturalize/giant growth/ranger's guile depending on match up. I don't love necessarily running any scouts, but I did take down a sweet one with a fully suited up scout, Dark Favor, Troll hide, and mark of the vampire. That got there.

Premier Sealed Event

I signed up for what I thought was the sealed premier event that started at 5:30. I set an alarm, took a nap, and woke up to find out it started at 5:00! I had 16 minutes left on my clock for round one and a 140 card deck. I lost game one and then took a look at my pool. 3 minutes for deck building! I was pretty upset to see a very strong pool...perhaps the best I've had yet. I am conflicted because I ended up going x-2 and making 12th for 9 packs. On the other hand it could have been a pretty easy top 8...as I lost all of my game ones except in the finals when I had academy raider + mark of the vampire vs a GW deck with essentially no removal.

I started out trying GU which worked okay, but after I picked up my first loss to the mana base, I revisted the pool. I noticed the white cards actually had double pacifism, which I somehow missed at first. They also were a lot easier on the mana and fit the curve a bit better because of that. I had some very close games, but also some big blowouts. Kalonian Hydra is pretty hard to beat. Here is the pool and the GW deck I ran:


I'm signed up for one of the last 64 man draft tournaments tonight...hopefully I don't sleep through that one!

-Ben
@bchap55

No comments:

Post a Comment